Sunday 8 May 2011

I Just Want Oblivion

Last week, I ventured over the border to see the Best Friend and her wonderful Mum. I stayed from Wednesday until yesterday where I endured the 8 hour bus ride and arrived safely home into the arms of the Boy and paws of my puppy.

The mini break was a much needed holiday from work which has been stressing me out lately, to say the least. It was like going home (except better). I puttered around, napped, read, and basically just relaxed. We went to the city one night and enjoyed the anonymity and shopping, and went for dinner and drinks another. But the majority of the week was spent relaxing which is something that I really needed. It was a wonderful trip, in general.

Things sort of went bad in the last couple of days though. I started to feel.. not myself. I became someone unfamiliar- quiet, withdrawn, uncomfortable in my own skin. I became rude and frankly, I just couldn't be arsed doing anything. I wanted to be left alone, and everything was dulled, including physical sensation. It was strange.

I saw the Boy last night after I arrived and showered and he seemed slightly worried (sorry!). I am still not feeling well, honestly. I just want oblivion.

No comments:

Post a Comment