Tuesday 15 March 2011

Zoloft and other nonsense

Just in case I have to go through all this nonsense again, I want to record what I have been through. I am on 100 mg of Zoloft. I started out on 50mg (no improvement), then went to 75mg (slight improvement), and am currently on 100mg a day. This has given me more energy, and some better, more euphoric days.


I still have horrible, horrible days where all I want to do is crawl under the covers and stay there but these have been reduced significantly.

I am also seeing a psychologist (he is in his 30s and has a terrible receding hairline) who I have mixed feelings about. At first, I hated him but our last session was really good. So I am unsure as to whether I should continue seeing him or ditch his arse.. yo. I have had all of three sessions with him.

I know, I know. This is not second date material, is it? This is fifth date material after we have slept together and I have roped you in. But I am one of those crazy girls who reveals too much. I am lovably neurotic!

Today, I have learnt that anything described as a "great beach read" will not be good. On a scale of one to trash, it will be an 11. Don't do it.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you're getting on track. As for the question of should you dump your psych man, i would say this.... Does he supply insight/advice at the appropriate times?

    Is there a bowl of skittles on his desk? Does he wear odd socks? If you answered yes to the last 2 questions, i would say RUN! If he is more interested in looking at coloured candy, and not dressing himself in wise attire, then how can he give reputable advice?

    ReplyDelete