Thursday 21 April 2011

Need Some Cheering Up


I have been a bit under the weather, just cold and flu symptoms. I have been a big sook about it though and have taken a couple of days off work. The Boy came round yesterday to look after me (aww!). He is a sweet one. I have needed something to pick me up though as it does so very little for my mood.

I got a letter in the mail today about DBT (Dialectical Behaviour Therapy). They have my referral and I need an assessment. Then I will be put on their six month waiting list. From what I can tell from Wikipedia, it is a combination of individual and group therapy. It is rather an intimidating prospect but if I don't try, then I will feel like I have not done anything except crammed some Zoloft down my throat and rambled at a psychologist.

I have an appointment with Mr. Psych Man on May 3rd. I am not really looking forward to it considering how the last one went. Last time, I walked into his office rather suicidal, and told him so. Well, I told him that I "had a rough couple of weeks".
"Are you suicidal?", he asked. I said that I was and he called the crisis team. Then I had a rather lengthy chat to a man from the crisis team service.
Then Mr. Psych Man started explaining them to me, "They will contact you and ask if you can guarantee them safety. If you can't, they will probably take you to hospital". Fortunately, they didn't but this prospect terrified me. Why would he tell someone who is suicidal that they may be taken to hospital?
It has been nearly a month and it has been decided that I don't really need them anymore as they are an emergency service and I am not in any immediate danger. Which is good. No more fearing them committing me.

I need some cheering up so here are a bunch of Simpsons videos from Youtube.





And this is a game that the Boy and I were talking about yesterday. Good times.




No comments:

Post a Comment